Wednesday, February 20

Fever Spots

This past week Susie had a high temperature (102) for a couple of days. Because of the fever persisting so long she developed fever spots all over her body. At first we thought they were bug bites but then they kept spreading. We took her to the doctor's on Sunday to make sure our little baby Susie was okay. He confirmed that she had contracted a virus and it just needed to run it's course. It is so hard to see your little baby sick or in pain. I was wishing I could be the sick and itchy one. Her rash has now gone away and she is back to normal. We were able to catch her little laugh on camera. Mind you that everytime she saw the camera she would stop laughing and concentrate on the camera and not us.

6 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

What a sweet laugh!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, Evan has never had fever spots....that would have totally freaked me out!!! I am glad she is all better though.

Shelly Beth said...

Awww. Poor girl. Isabelle had heat rash once but it went away the next day. It makes you feel so bad though. That video is so cute! Isn't it so much fun when they get laughing really hard. The only bummer is it gives them hickups. Isabelle hates that. Izzy is now laughing at things she does. Babies are so fun. Jim, you look so happy. Aren't baby girls so much fun! Drew said we got it right the first time so why try again? JK. He is recently dropping hints about another baby. Already? I don't think so.

Danielle said...

Oh, that poor sweet girl. Seeing her fever spots just put an ache in my heart! I'm SO GLAD that Baby Susie is feeling better!

Watching her/hearing her laugh was the best thing ever! She's PRECIOUS! I'm sooooo stinkin' thrilled for you guys! Two amazing people with a beautiful, happy baby girl... what a blessing it is to see the people you care about doing so well in life!

Blessings to the Bassis!

Anonymous said...

Susie is the cutest baby of all time.

Love,
Katelyn

Brittany said...

Oh what a sweet girl you two have! How sad that she had to be so sick. These poor kids deal with so much and can't tell us about it, it's too sad. You and Jim are awesome and it looks like you are just LOVING being parents. I'm sure you agree, life just couldn't get better!