Tuesday, February 17

Jim's "Better than S.. cake"

I made Jim's most favorite thing in the WHOLE world for his birthday! Mama's Charlotte Russe. I still haven't decided if he loves me or the cake more. It is a old family recipe that I have been able to practice and I think gotten down pretty well. (Pat on the back) It is for sure a labor of LOVE but worth every step it takes to make in order to then EAT IT. You will find the recipe on my recipe blog http://youarethemenu.blogspot.com/search/label/dessert.
Funny story: When we first got married and Jim told me about how much he loved Charlotte Russe, what was in it, and again just how much he loved it, I thought to myself as I heard the ingredients being read off...okay that sounds pretty good but it basically is just an angel food cake with lots and lots of whipped cream. I shouldn't have voiced what I was thinking because you would have thought by Jim face in response to what I had said that he had just been stabbed in the heart and was about to die. I am so sorry hunny but at that time I didn't know just how good life could be with Charlotte Russe in it.
I have since learned more than just how to make Charlotte Russe, but I have learned that boys including my husband, used to and still do, take the can of whipped cream from the refrigerator and spray big swirly things of whipped cream into their mouths. My response to that little habit was, "?People really do that?"

2 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I do that. Ha! It's not just boys.

Jan said...

Yumy--will you make one for my birthday???