About a week or so ago we had our first "ice storm" of the winter. You see, where I grew up there is snow for a good 4 months out of the year on the ground. So you can imagine the surprise that I had when I moved to Texas and for the first time in my life church was canceled because of ice. Ice! I thought to myself, "Texans, you guys don't know what danger is...I do I have lived in a real winter wonderland before. Canceled you have got to be kidding! What I wouldn't have given when I was a kid to have a little "ice" cancel church. It would have given me one more afternoon with my barbie dolls and coloring books. Well people I have to say after my first "ice storm" here in Texas I knew exactly why church had been canceled. Ice storms are horrible. As you can kind of see from the pictures if you park your car outside good luck getting into it unless you are willing to take a chisel and hammer to the WHOLE car. There is a thick, and I mean thick sheet of ice on everything to your car to your blades of grass. Good thing it can be in the 20's one day and then within a few days in the 60-70's. You have to love texas winters.
(this picture was taken by my friend Danielle-she is a good photographer) :)
(my atempt at getting a photo of how thick the ice is over everything)






2 comments:
Dang! That's incredible. Nice pictures.Too. I'm talking about the ice, not the pictures of little Jim in his birthday suit. ;)
awe your so sweet lex! thanks for giving me props on my picture ;)
Post a Comment