Friday, March 27

and the verdict is.....

Yesterday we went to the doctor's appointment and found out what we are having! With Susie we waited until she was born to find out and so this was a new experience for us parents. They are both fun but just for the record I am pretty sure that next time we will wait to find out. You see, I HAVE MY GIRL AND now JIM HAS HIS BOY!

Yes, that is what you think it is. What a beautiful sight. We are so excited to be having a little boy. We are pretty sure that we will be calling him Vincent; Vince or little Vinny for short. Just 20 more weeks until we meet the little guy.

Here is another look at the little guy. He is a very healthy, active boy. I have been feeling his kicks for the last 4 weeks. The sonographer kept telling us when she was doing the sonogram that this baby is very active. I think he just can't wait to play with his big sister. I am sure Sue won't have a problem showing him everything she knows. His due date is around August 15th. Another pregnant texas summer for me...joy!

Our little Italian Stallion...what do you think of "Rocky" as a middle name, eh?

2 kids under the age of 2...wish us luck!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

David talked to Jim last night and he told him....didn't I tell you it was a boy...weird I am so good at this. I creep myself out with how in tune I am with the bebes! lol 2 kids that little isnt as hard as you think, I was terrified and once jake was born I found it easier, strange but I did. yay now you get to deal with rough loud boys and circumcisions and all that fun gross boy stuff!!!

Christina Bassi said...

Congratulations! Boy's are so much fun! :)

The Christensen Family said...

Yeah! We are excited for you!

Chelsea said...

Congrats! It's so fun to have one of each! And you'll adjust quickly to having two that young...it's not so bad. I like the name Vincent...Jim's middle name, right? Fits in the family!

Shelly Beth said...

Congratulations! I think that is so fun you are getting a boy - one of each now! It seems that most of the women I know who are pregnant with #2 are having the same gender the second time around, so go you for switching it up! And 2 kids under 2...yeah, that has started to sink in with me lately...what the HECK did I get myself into :) I just have to remind myself that the first few weeks *months* will be hard, but then it will all be worth it! Tell Jim I said hi and congrats!

Bennion Family said...

Congratulations!! We almost found out with this one too, but decided to wait. So maybe we will have a "Little Bennion" to play with your "Little Bassi". Congratulations we are excited for you!!

Claire said...

Congratulations!! Boys are great!! So are girls!! And it's awesome to have one of each!! You guys were brave to not find out the first time! I think we will for our next...but that's not being too brave considering we have one of each now :)
Oh, and congratulations on your mini van! I bet it's awesome.

Tina said...

That is so fun Lexi!! I'm telling you... everyone I know is having boys, boys and more boys. What does our Heavenly Father have planned for this generation huh? Vincent is a fun name that you don't hear much of anymore so that will be GREAT!! I'm excited for you!! YEA!!

Ferris Family said...

Congratulations to the Bassi's! How exciting. I am yet to have a little girl myself, but I know how awesome it is to have little boys. Susie will be such a great big sister.

April

Jalei & Lane said...

YEA! You'll get to have totally different experience than you did with Sue. I'm so jealous you are feeling him kick all the time. I haven't felt anything yet & I'm only 2 weeks behind you!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Vincent is a great name! How fun. Maybe he will be a mama's boy...

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's a boy! You'll love having you're kids close together. From experience, having them far apart can be challenging when it comes to entertaining them. They'll be each other's best friend.

Best wishes from the Jetton's!!!

Bennion Family said...

Way to go Jim! Your boy is better endowed then you!

The Navarrete's said...

Congrats to you both! My husband and I are due in September...so same here...another Texas summer being pregnant!! We will have 2 under 2 as well!!! GOOD LUCK!!! :) (I'm an old highschool friend of Jim's by the way!) :)

Jim Bassi said...

Bennion, this is a family friendly site and your off colored comments are not welcome. Save your junior high humor for your teenie bopper friends on Myspace.

Mrs. Small House said...

Major congrats guys! You'll love having one of each. I'm excited for you!!