Saturday, September 26

Did he come from you?

All of us that have had a newborn at a shopping center know that even the strangest stranger feels like they have the right to ask you anything as well as touch your baby without you saying so...read on and my point will be made...hence the blog post name (Did he come from you?)

Yesterday I was at Wal*Mart with Sue and baby Vinny in the checkout line. As the cashier was ringing up my few items he started making lite conversation with me-this is fine-but the conversation quickly turned to my kids, more specifically the baby that was in the carrier but covered so you couldn't see him. The cashier asked me how old-I told him 5 weeks and then uncovered sleeping Vinny. The cashier was silent, looked at me and then at Vinny and asked, "Did he come from you?" I was a little confused at first at what spurred that kind of question from someone...then I realized what he meant. It wasn't because of the color of Vinny's eyes, or the shape of his little toe, if wasn't even the wolverine hairs he has on the back of his ears, it WAS because of the size of our little one...uhum...little meaning 13 lb boy! Yes my baby that was in my tummy just 5 weeks ago is 13 lbs big. He has gained 5 pounds in 5 weeks. Jim and I are convinced that everytime Vinny eats, poops, sleeps, or sucks his binkie, wait-that is pretty much his whole existance-he gets hungrier by the minute.


1 month old pics






Vinny is eating all the time that sometimes that I resort to this handy-dandy bottle holder!

On this past Sunday we were down in Houston for Jim's brothers homecoming and since most of the family were there at church we decided to bless Vinny. Here is a picture of our little family-we couldn't get everyone to look and smile at the camera at the same time. :)


5 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I love these pictures! I think he has your eyes Lex.

Alys said...

Big boy! That is about all I can say. But he is cute, and that is a good thing!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

So funny! Walt is 15 lbs! he's on the pound a week schedule as well. =) Vinny is very cute.

Christina Bassi said...

Too funny! I love the new pictures! He is so darn cute! :)

Tina said...

Wowzer! 13lbs already? Our boys are competing for largest baby aren't they?
He is adorable and I have a picture of Jacob and Cloey under their play gym as well, just like Suzzie and Vinny. I loved having mine that close. How are you holding up without sleep.

Happy Birthday today by the way!!! Hope you are getting some great sleep.