This picture is of a rare occasion at our house these days. Everyone I ever met at the hospital (staff) when I have had a baby tells me that newborns and babies in general are SLEEPY...well it is a LIE. Both Susie and Vinny from day one were not sleepy. Yes, they always ate their share and pooped their share but definitely didn't SLEEP their share. We are lucky to get Vinny to take even 1 nap during the day. He is not a particularly fussy baby. He just DOESN'T sleep.
So for all you mothers out there that are bored during the day because your baby sleeps so much or that you can say that you actually got a nap during the day...count yourself lucky!
"God, why couldn't you have sent me a sleepy baby this time around? You are making me question having a third."
Yours truly,
Want to sleep, really want to sleep, but can't...




5 comments:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Time to get out the tylanol pm. What, did I just say that? Desparate times... Poor Lex. I hope you get a little nap soon.
Benadryl is more like it!
You know what my mother did? I know he is way too young but when we had slumber parties she would give us kool-aide with Dimetapp. We had no idea why we couldn't stay up all night like planned. :)
What a bummer! I will say that I'm very lucky with Elliot. But I think God knew it had to be really easy for me the 1st time for me to even consider having a 2nd!
Hm. I find myself asking God similar questions like, "Why did I have to get a fussy baby my second go around. Can my next baby please be happy? I have filled my quota!" Glad to see I am not the only one...but sorry you guys aren't getting any sleep! Don't kids know that doesn't make a happy mommy? :)
Post a Comment