Thursday, August 13

the "BIRTH day" song

We have a tradition in the Jim Bassi family that on the day of the actual birth we have a cake and a number zero candle on the cake. Don't you think since we celebrate all other birthdays with wonderful cake and ice cream that we should celebrate the actual true "birth day" with the same respect.

Bring on the cake!

Here are a few pics of Susie's Birth day cake/party





I'm not sure if she is sleeping or crying in this picture but just like we all know "it's her party and she can cry if she wants to."

P.S. the nurses and doctors loved having a Bassi baby in the hospital - midnight snack in Room 246!

5 comments:

Jim Bassi said...

That was fun and we were very popular with the nurses. I can't wait to celebrate our second childs "Birth Day."

Jalei & Lane said...

Ok, you were kind of confusing me with the pictures. Vinny still hasn't arrived, right?

{lex} said...

Bun is still hot in the oven!!! But we will soon see what we've cooked up.

Alys said...

I think that is a super fun tradition! Maybe we will have to use that one, too. Plus, I am going to want some sweets after three months of none.

Christina Bassi said...

What sweet pictures! The birthday cake was such a cute idea and I love the "0" candle. :)