Wednesday, August 5

Susie hears a WHO!

Horton and his clover!

Here are a few pics of my "never ending clover project" as Jim would call it. I have to admit that I have been working on these little guys for a long time and I HAVE brought them on any mini-vacation that we have been on this summer just in case I get a spare moment, but don't you think the end product is worth all of those many "perfectionist" hours that I have spent on them. They are going into some polky-dotted flower pots that I have in Susie's Dr. Seuss room.

As you can see the first phase of the clover making process is to paint the dowel a solid color and then glue the styrofoam ball on top of it.
2nd phase is to paint the coresponding striped color onto the dowel.
3rd phase is to glue the feather boa onto the styrofoam ball and PRESTO you have yourself some original Dr. Seuss clovers.
Here are a few of the finished clovers. I am making about 30 of them (10 for each flower pot). These are flowers that I definitely can't kill!
THANK YOU UNCLE TOM FOR BRINGING DR. SEUSS TO LIFE FOR US. YOU ARE TRULY A VERY TALENTED PERSON!

3 comments:

Ash said...

You are too cute Lex! Those are adorable and well worth the time! Don't let Jim tell you anything else! SOOOO cute! Good luck in your delivery of baby vincent!

Alys said...

I think they are way cute! You are so creative. I love it!

Jalei & Lane said...

Those are so cute! I can't wait to see both of their rooms!